I'm amazed at the number of web masters that have no clue how internet search engines work. I also can't believe the lack for professionalism and skill of people who call themselves web masters. Business owners need to think about what they are doing when putting an seo with their web master. The web master always seems to feel threatened and defensive.
There are some things that I wish all web masters would learn
1. Proper meta content, there are rules that must be obeyed.
2. Taking the time to at least understand the basics of how search engines work.
3. Will use an html validator for their code.
4. Should try all popular web browsers and make sure the site looks proper in each.
5. Get a clue about web site conversions that the page should be relevant to the targeted keywords.